Welcome to the House of the Nine Mysteries

 


Welcome, friends, old and new.

If you have known Spellmaker for a long time, you already know that we have never fit very neatly into one little box. And after more than three decades of magick, ritual, teaching, spiritual exploration, and quite a few adventures along the way, I suppose there is no reason to start trying to fit in now! 😏

So, welcome to our new blog: House of the Nine Mysteries. What is House of the Nine Mysteries? This is the name of our Vodou House where we teach students who wish to further themselves in following the path of Vodou and New Orleans Voodoo. This blog will contain blogs from those students as well as senior House members. They all have a wealth of knowledge (and entertainent) to offer.

We have many years of old blog posts archived from our old blog provider that went out of business. I will try to make those available as soon as I can.  Lots of good information from all those years!

This will be a place where we can wander a little.

Of course, we will talk about Spellmaker, our products, what we are working on, old favorites, new creations, and some of the stories and traditions behind the things we make. But I want this space to be much broader than a shop blog.

We will talk about witchcraft and magick, spirituality, tarot and other forms of divination, spirits and ancestors, candle work, herbs and oils, ritual practices, folklore, lunar and seasonal magick, magical history, dreams, ghosts and the paranormal, the afterlife, and the many strange and wonderful ways people explore the unseen world.

Sometimes we may dig deeply into a subject. Sometimes I may share a simple bit of practical magick. Sometimes we may pull something fascinating out of the Spellmaker archives. There may be stories from my own years of practice, questions worth pondering, traditions worth remembering, and probably a few things that simply make us say, "Well, that is interesting..."

I also want this to be a place where curiosity is welcome.

You do not have to believe exactly what I believe. You do not have to practice exactly as I practice. Spirituality is far too large, mysterious, and personal for that. I have always believed there is tremendous value in learning, questioning, experimenting, listening, and finding what speaks to you.

After all these years, I am still learning too.

Perhaps that is what a House of Mysteries should really be: not a place where every mystery is neatly solved, but a place where we are allowed to open the doors, peer inside, and see what we discover.

I am very glad you are here.

Peace, light, and love,

Mambo Samantha Corfield

Est 1995



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Harvest Moon festival is coming in September!

Finding the Sacred in the Ordinary: The Late Summer Garden